Founded in 1789, we are the oldest Baptist church in Wake County.
Formally constituted as the Baptist Church of Christ at Crossroads, there were 53 charter members at the first meeting on August 20, 1789. In these earlier days, church services were held once a month in a building of logs, weather permitting. Members south of the Neuse River crossed by Rogers ferry, and the church paid ferry fees for members from 1795 until a bridge was built in 1822.
We have been supporting missionaries since 1807, and have helped plant a number of churches in the area. We are excited to see what God has done with our church over the past 200+ years and what He will continue to do in the future!